Grape is one of my favorite flavors. Only too bad for me, most of the foods out there with grape flavor are artificial. Yuck. Can’t afford that. No more grape-flavored Jolly Ranchers or suckers for me. All I see is the purple tongue shudder can you imagine what it looks like inside?
So what’s the solution? The real thing! Grapes, of course! But it has to be concord grapes if you want the real flavor. Don’t know what concord grapes are? No worries. Just read on.
Concord grapes are wonderfully rich in nutrition, so I’ve narrowed down all the great reasons for you to be eating concord grapes. But do your research on this amazing fruit.
- Great source of “purple” food to include in your diet
- Increased immune strength
- High in vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C
- Packed with antioxidants and polyphenols
- Promotes a healthy heart
Well, lucky for me, it’s concord grape season here and I have a big bucket full of concord grapes outside. It’s time to make grape juice. This grape juice tastes great, has probiotics, and it’s just like drinking grape soda…only much better.
And the carbonation…need I say more?
If you’ve got your water kefir going, this is a great way to start experimenting with flavors. If you’ve got lots of concord grapes, this is a great way to use them up.
Natural Grape Juice
What you need:
1-gallon glass jar
8 cups water kefir (already drained)
Concord grapes (the amount depends on how strong a flavor you want)
- Clean the grapes off of the stems and place them in a blender.
- Blend the grapes quickly. You don’t want to blend them too thoroughly because you’ll have a really hard time straining them out. The bigger the pieces the better, but you still want to break the grapes apart.
- Pour the blended grapes into the glass jar and add in water kefir.
- Close the jar with a lid and let it sit on your counter for 2 days.
- After two days, strain the grapes out and pour the juice into bottles.
- Let bottles sit on the counter for 1-2 days until carbonated. Then transfer to refrigerator.
Enjoy! This is such a delicious beverage and so much better than a who-knows-what’s-in-that can of soda. No feeling guilty drinking this!